For sophomores, families schedule meetings with the college counselor on an as-needed basis. Sessions are one-hour long. Topics that sophomores frequently meet to discuss are:
- – Overall assessment – review the student’s full profile and offer feedback and suggestions for academic coursework, standardized testing, and extracurricular activities
- – Course Planning and discussion about rigor of coursework (whether or not to do IB, how many AP courses are appropriate, how many years of a language should he/she take, etc.)
- – PSAT / SAT / ACT / SAT Subject Test Planning
- – Resume building – brainstorming about what makes sense for the individual student, which activities to pursue, how much time to invest in each, etc.
- – Academic goal-setting & accountability
- – College list – evaluation of criteria to determine best matches, campus visit suggestions
Cost: $150/ hour