The “Future Focused” program is our popular, trademark college-counseling package that begins in January of the junior year and continues until all applications are submitted (usually by December). You begin with a comprehensive two-hour consultation with the college counselor. In this meeting, we will review the student’s full profile, from transcripts to test scores to extracurricular activities, as viewed through the eyes of a college admissions officer. This meeting is a separate cost of $300, but is applied to the total program cost if the student decides to enroll.
From there, students begin the “Future Focused” program. Although the plans vary from student to student, the following components are generally built in to every plan:
- – Transcript review- ensure courses meet college requirements & best reflect the student’s strengths and goals
- – Development of testing timeline for required standardized tests and continued advising regarding re-testing and subject tests
- – Formation of college list – “Reach” schools, “Ballpark” schools, and “Likely” schools
- – Management of college requirements – letters of recommendation, essay requirements, interviews, testing requirements
- – Determination of best application strategy (Early Decision v. Early Action v. Regular deadlines) for each college
- – Essay brainstorming and editing – main essay(s) and all supplemental essays
- – Deadline management
Parents are kept in the loop with session reports that are emailed home, giving a summary of what was done in the meeting and what the student should be working on before the next meeting.
Here is what is included in the junior/senior “Future Focused” program:
- – up to 25 in-person sessions between January of the junior year and December of the senior year. Students come approximately five times in the second semester of the junior year, and then ~weekly from July through December of the senior year. Any session thereafter is $200/hour.
- – unlimited editing hours
- – unlimited phone / email conversations
Cost: $5300 (or $5000 if paid in full up front).