The “Future Focused” program is our popular, trademark college-counseling package that begins in the second semester of junior year and continues until all applications are submitted (usually by December). You begin with a comprehensive two-hour consultation with the college counselor. In this meeting, we will review the student’s full profile, from transcripts to test scores to extracurricular activities, as viewed through the eyes of a college admissions officer. This meeting is a separate cost of $300.
From there, students begin the “Future Focused” program. Although the plans vary from student to student, the following components are generally built in to every plan:
- – Transcript review- ensure courses meet college requirements & best reflect the student’s strengths and goals
- – Development of testing timeline for required standardized tests and continued advising regarding re-testing and subject tests
- – Formation of college list – “Reach” schools, “Likely” schools, and “Safety” schools
- – Management of college requirements – letters of recommendation, essay requirements, interviews, testing requirements
- – Determination of best application strategy (Early Decision v. Early Action v. Regular deadlines) for each college
- – Essay brainstorming and editing – main essay(s) and all supplemental essays
- – Deadline management
Parents are kept in the loop with session reports that are emailed home, giving a summary of what was done in the meeting and what the student should be working on before the next meeting.
There are three levels within the junior/senior “Future Focused” program:
I. Basic: includes up to 20 sessions* between January of the junior year and December of the senior year. This level is appropriate for students who plan on applying to a minimal number of colleges. Cost: $4000. Any additional session is billed at a rate of $200 / hour. (*Sessions are in-person meetings.)
II. Premium: includes up to 30 sessions* between January of the junior year and December of the senior year. This level is designed for students applying to a typical number of colleges (between 10 and 12), which usually results in editing help for approximately eight essays. Cost: $5000. Any additional session is billed at a rate of $200 / hour. (*Sessions are in-person meetings.)
III. Premium Plus: unlimited sessions between January of the junior year and December of the senior year. This level is designed for students who will likely be applying to a large number of colleges and / or have special circumstances that require additional work (ie, athletic recruiting, learning disabilities, theater / arts / music applicants, etc.) Cost: $6000